Ask Colin: Fashion
I am planning a wedding in Mexico in November. The mother of bride will be in eggplant, what should the father of the bride wear? I am thinking a lightweight wool suit in gray and a tie with a tiny stripe of eggplant. I think a suit looks so much nicer for the photos. What do you think?
I absolutely love Mexico, but it can be hot, even in November. Even though it’s a wintery month, the weather there is all summer, all the time, so opt for a lighter fabric for suits for the father of the bride, groom and any groomsmen. A cotton piqué suit will look tailored without getting too hot. I love the choice of gray with an eggplant-accented tie to reflect the mother of the bride’s dress.
- This Is Proof That Bridal Coats Are Cool AF
- 10 Rose Gold Jewelry Items That Everyone Will Be Thankful For
- 15 Short Wedding Dresses For The Bride Who Wants To Show A Little Leg
- The Hottest Wedding Dress Trends For Walking Down The Aisle In 2017
- 17 Best Budget-Friendly Bridesmaid Dresses
- 10 Minutes With: Frank Body Co-Founder Jess Hatzis