Ask Colin: Fashion
The gown – Should I go classic or contemporary?
When it comes to gown design, less is definitely more. It is very easy to look overdone and overproduced if you’re not conscious of how all the elements work together. Rather than a gown made of multiple fabrics that’s elaborately embellished with puffs and poufs every which way, I suggest that you find a dress made from one or at most two fabrics with one or two embellishments such as lace and some beading, or ribbons on their own to create a simple, understated look that allows you to shine. Remember, you need to wear the dress and not vice versa.
- 10 Rose Gold Jewelry Items That Everyone Will Be Thankful For
- 15 Short Wedding Dresses For The Bride Who Wants To Show A Little Leg
- The Hottest Wedding Dress Trends For Walking Down The Aisle In 2017
- 17 Best Budget-Friendly Bridesmaid Dresses
- 10 Minutes With: Frank Body Co-Founder Jess Hatzis
- 10 Popular His & Hers Wedding Band Trends