Bridesmaid Dresses: The New Something Borrowed
There comes a time in a woman's life (think mid-twenties) when her go-to Saturday night skirts become hidden by a melange of puffy tulle and pink chiffon. For those who are always a bridesmaid, never a bride, we've enlisted Rent the Runway to help put an end to all real-life 27 Dresses scenarios, one gown at a time.
- Start looking for bridesmaid dresses as soon as possible, especially if each bridesmaid plans to wear the same dress. To make things a little less stressful, look for different styles in complimentary hues. Your bridesmaids will feel super confident in a dress they each truly love!
- If possible, book your dress rentals at least four months in advance to ensure your desired gowns are available.
- Look into securing additional sizes and styles in case the one you've selected is ill fitting or not quite what you had envisioned.
- When it comes to bridesmaids’ jewelry, delicate options with a little bit of glamour go a long way and will never outshine the bride.
- There's no need to worry about stains or tears. For a (very) small fee, damages to your bridesmaid gown are all covered! Go ahead, indulge in that delicious cabernet!
Rent the Runway Trends
Pastels: With the romantic/rustic trend at an all-time high, pastels are fabulous choices for spring. Blush tones are especially popular!
Glitz: Subtle hints of sparkle and sequins look amazing in photographs and won't distract from the bride.
Cuts: Asymmetrical hems and necklines are no longer just for the bride!
Necklines: Lace or sheer illusion styles were all over the runway for Spring 2015. Consider one of these styles for your bridesmaid or Maid of Honor.
Peplums: This modern trend adds a sensual flare to a traditional bridesmaid gown. Consider peplum bridesmaid dresses if hosting an evening ceremony and celebration!
- 12 Wedding Worthy Dresses From The 2017 Oscars
- Bomb Wedding Makeup Tutorials For Every Bridal Style
- The Best Wedding Dresses For Your 2017 Wedding
- The Best And Brightest Engagement Rings For A V-Day Proposal
- The 10 Best Youtube-Famous Wedding Hair Tutorials
- This Is Proof That Bridal Coats Are Cool AF