Object Of Desire: Gilt Complex
In the classic film Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Marilyn Monroe sang ‘Diamonds are a girl’s best friend’ and unwittingly created a bond between women and jewelry that shall never be broken. But, we wonder what would Miss Monroe have said about Anna Sheffield’s Hazeline Solitaire? It looks like a diamond and feels like a diamond yet it is not quite a diamond.
As a tribute to her grandmother, Sheffield designed her first bridal ring with a solid metal gemstone, sending up everything we thought we knew about engagement rings. The smooth, faceted surface echoes that of the classic solitaire. The typical sparkle of a stone is replaced with the unexpected, gleaming sheen of rich, polished metal. Diamond pave lights up the ring’s shank while a tiny, secret champagne diamond hides underneath, for the wearer’s eyes only.
Glamorous, offbeat and a little edgy, we think Miss Monroe, a bit of a renegade herself, would definitely approve.
- 12 Wedding Worthy Dresses From The 2017 Oscars
- Bomb Wedding Makeup Tutorials For Every Bridal Style
- The Best Wedding Dresses For Your 2017 Wedding
- The Best And Brightest Engagement Rings For A V-Day Proposal
- The 10 Best Youtube-Famous Wedding Hair Tutorials
- This Is Proof That Bridal Coats Are Cool AF