Object Of Desire: Gilt Complex
In the classic film Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Marilyn Monroe sang ‘Diamonds are a girl’s best friend’ and unwittingly created a bond between women and jewelry that shall never be broken. But, we wonder what would Miss Monroe have said about Anna Sheffield’s Hazeline Solitaire? It looks like a diamond and feels like a diamond yet it is not quite a diamond.
As a tribute to her grandmother, Sheffield designed her first bridal ring with a solid metal gemstone, sending up everything we thought we knew about engagement rings. The smooth, faceted surface echoes that of the classic solitaire. The typical sparkle of a stone is replaced with the unexpected, gleaming sheen of rich, polished metal. Diamond pave lights up the ring’s shank while a tiny, secret champagne diamond hides underneath, for the wearer’s eyes only.
Glamorous, offbeat and a little edgy, we think Miss Monroe, a bit of a renegade herself, would definitely approve.
- 10 Rose Gold Jewelry Items That Everyone Will Be Thankful For
- 15 Short Wedding Dresses For The Bride Who Wants To Show A Little Leg
- The Hottest Wedding Dress Trends For Walking Down The Aisle In 2017
- 17 Best Budget-Friendly Bridesmaid Dresses
- 10 Minutes With: Frank Body Co-Founder Jess Hatzis
- 10 Popular His & Hers Wedding Band Trends