Ask Colin: Fashion
Matt Blum Photography
My daughter is having a formal traditional wedding with about 300 guests. The problem is that she has had to change the ceremony time from 6:00 p.m. to 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. She still wants to have the groom and groomsmen wear black. We have been told that you should only wear black for an evening wedding 6:00 p.m. and later, but have also been told that's its okay to wear black at anytime because it's her wedding. What is the proper etiquette for this?
I gather this is because the church has stipulated that the ceremony be earlier. Here is my honest opinion: it is appropriate to start at 6:00pm for a black tie formal wedding. Think about it - if the ceremony is at 4:30pm, cocktails are at 5:30pm with dinner at 6:30pm (very early for a Saturday night). Why not have the ceremony at the same location starting at 6:00pm and enjoy an elegant night vs. the church making the reception way too early for the type of wedding she wants?
- 12 Wedding Worthy Dresses From The 2017 Oscars
- Bomb Wedding Makeup Tutorials For Every Bridal Style
- The Best Wedding Dresses For Your 2017 Wedding
- The Best And Brightest Engagement Rings For A V-Day Proposal
- The 10 Best Youtube-Famous Wedding Hair Tutorials
- This Is Proof That Bridal Coats Are Cool AF