Downton Abbey Bride
While Gatsby fever has taken the fashion world and the wedding industry by storm, it’s a slightly earlier decade that has inspired this ethereal, elegant bridal look.
If your wedding dream involves a reception on the manicured grounds of an English manor, with men in tuxedoes and women in formal eveningwear, be inspired by the Dowager Countess, Lord Grantham and Ladies Mary, Edith and Sybil. The soft silhouette of this Temperley Titania gown harkens back to the draped, body-skimming designs of the pre-flapper era, while a strapless neckline brings the dress to present-day. Keep with tradition and top your look with a chapel length veil, or skip the veil to allow the Watteau train to shine. Either way, don’t forget to accessorize your hair with an ornate headpiece – a hint of the luxe, ornate era that was fast approaching. So, assemble on the grand staircase, toast with a coupe of champagne and get ready for a celebration that would make the Crawleys proud.
- The Hottest Wedding Dress Trends For Walking Down The Aisle In 2017
- 17 Best Budget-Friendly Bridesmaid Dresses
- 10 Minutes With: Frank Body Co-Founder Jess Hatzis
- 10 Popular His & Hers Wedding Band Trends
- How much is too much to make my bridesmaids spend on a dress?
- How can my fiancée and I personalize our wedding bands?