Bridal Market Trend: Mermaid Silhouettes
Figure-Flattering Mermaid Gowns from Bridal Fashion Week
Show off all your curves in a sexy mermaid wedding gown.
A fitted trumpet or mermaid silhouette can be worn to any style wedding, whether it’s in a formal ballroom or a rustic barn. Brides will begin seeing a wide range of mermaid wedding gowns in both light as air fabrics such as tulle, and stiffer satins and taffetas, as well as with a variety of embellishments from sashes to beading and embroidery. Whichever fabric and detailing you choose to wear, it’s sure to accentuates all your curves.
Almost every designer showed a selection of mermaid gowns, with both voluminous and relaxed skirts. Ines Di Santo’s billowing ivory gown was trimmed with rosettes, while Mark Zunino’s floral patterned trumpet design fluted softly out from below the knee.
Embellishments worked to further accent curves with crystal “belts” showing off a slim waistline, as Kenneth Pool and Lian Carlo’s designs did. Corsetry detailing also furthered the sex appeal of mermaid gowns with designers such as Romona Keveza, Hayley Paige and Pnina Tornai, enhancing the bust and waistline.
- The Best Wedding Dresses For Your 2017 Wedding
- The Best And Brightest Engagement Rings For A V-Day Proposal
- The 10 Best Youtube-Famous Wedding Hair Tutorials
- This Is Proof That Bridal Coats Are Cool AF
- 10 Rose Gold Jewelry Items That Everyone Will Be Thankful For
- 15 Short Wedding Dresses For The Bride Who Wants To Show A Little Leg