How to Beat Belly Bloat On Your Wedding Day
With Amanda Russell
If there is one day you really don’t want the dreaded ‘belly bloat’, it’s your wedding day. Not only will it make you feel uncomfortable, you’ll be self-conscious in the dress you have been dreaming of wearing since before you had even found ‘the one’. Read on for my 12 tips for beating belly bloat for your wedding day.
1. Stop Swallowing Excess Air. Chewing gum, drinking through a straw, smoking, and talking while you’re eating can all cause you to swallow excess air become bloated.
2. Skip The Sparkles. Carbonation can cause bloating, so stick with ‘still’ drinks in the days leading up to your wedding.
3. Get moving! If you can do just 5 to 10 minutes of moving around, you can burn calories, fat, and bloat with interval-based high-intensity cardio. Check out this quick, cardio workout I previously shot for Colin Cowie Weddings brides!
4. Eat Small Meals. Eating large meals stresses your digestive system and expands your stomach. Better to have small meals more frequently!
5. Eat Protien - Adding protein to every meal acts as a diuretic and does wonders for reducing puffiness and water retention. Incorporate protein-rich ingredients in your meals such as string cheese, almonds or yogurt.
6. Increase Your Supplements. If it’s your cycle that’s causing bloat, I recommend increasing your calcium and magnesium.
7. Don’t Go ‘Sugar-Free’. Going sugar free is fine if you go ‘au natural’ however, too many of us end up replacing sugar with sugar substitutes like sorbitol. Best bet: avoid sugar-free gum, candy and diet drinks.
8. Chew On Charcoal – I had bloating and a fellow health expert in NYC told me to take 2-4 of these supplements following a meal. They do work!
9. Take Turmeric – Turmeric has fabulous anti-inflammatory properties. It can be taken in pill form or used in cooking or cocktails (check out the recipe section on FitStrongandSexy.com for a yummy turmeric flat-tummy drink).
10. Eat Potassium Rich Foods – Bananas, cantaloupe, mangoes, tomatoes, nuts and asparagus are all known to help with water retention.
11. Drink Tea – This is HUGE the night before and the best way to start your Big Day. Try Ginger, Fennel, Chamomile, or bitter orange or add 3 coins of peeled ginger or fennel seeds to a pot of water, bring to a boil to make your own!
12. Much On Fresh Parsley- Is a natural diuretic so try chewing on some or adding it to your meals, especially if you’re trying to replace the chewing gum habit.
FitStrongandSexy is THE premier online fitness program perfect for busy brides to get fit, healthy and happy, anywhere anytime with effective customized fitness and diet plans. Real solutions for busy brides who want to lose weight and keep it off. Get fit, look and feel great for your wedding.
- Bomb Wedding Makeup Tutorials For Every Bridal Style
- The Best Wedding Dresses For Your 2017 Wedding
- The Best And Brightest Engagement Rings For A V-Day Proposal
- The 10 Best Youtube-Famous Wedding Hair Tutorials
- This Is Proof That Bridal Coats Are Cool AF
- 10 Rose Gold Jewelry Items That Everyone Will Be Thankful For