Ask Colin: Planning
Which projects can I tastefully tackle myself (with the help of wonderful family and friends) and which details should be left to the professionals? Can I do the centerpieces for the reception myself but leave the bouquets to a florist?
I love ambitious brides and you can really do anything that can be completed before the wedding day. The day of your wedding is yours to savor and you do not want to be running around icing a cake or stuffing host cards into envelopes.
With that said, the sky’s the limit in the DIY department (with a few cautions):
- Create your stationery, everything from invitations to table numbers.
- Why not create your centerpieces or bake cookies and collect candies for a dessert buffet?
- Make or assemble your party favors, and don’t forget the music. Make play lists for the ceremony, cocktails, dinner and dancing.
However, if your budget allows, I suggest leaving the food, service, bar and cake to the professionals.
- Heres Everything You *Need* On Your Wedding Website
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot
- 9 Heart-Warming Gifts To Thank Dad On Your Wedding Day
- 10 Wedding Planning Hacks That Will Make Your Life *So* Much Easier
- 11 Thoughtful Gift Ideas Your Mom Deserves On Your Wedding Day
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research