Ask Colin: Planning
Which projects can I tastefully tackle myself (with the help of wonderful family and friends) and which details should be left to the professionals? Can I do the centerpieces for the reception myself but leave the bouquets to a florist?
I love ambitious brides and you can really do anything that can be completed before the wedding day. The day of your wedding is yours to savor and you do not want to be running around icing a cake or stuffing host cards into envelopes.
With that said, the sky’s the limit in the DIY department (with a few cautions):
- Create your stationery, everything from invitations to table numbers.
- Why not create your centerpieces or bake cookies and collect candies for a dessert buffet?
- Make or assemble your party favors, and don’t forget the music. Make play lists for the ceremony, cocktails, dinner and dancing.
However, if your budget allows, I suggest leaving the food, service, bar and cake to the professionals.
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research
- Colin Cowie x Rosewood Sand Hill Event Studio Launch
- It-Girl Approved Gifts For Your Bachelorette Party
- 10 Minutes With: Julie Lindenman, Colin Cowie Celebrations Senior Event Producer
- What Should Actually Be In Your Clutch On Your Wedding Day
- Win The Hottest Summer Accessories From Pura Vida For You And Your 4 Lucky Bridesmaids!