Ask Colin: Planning
What is the order of processional for parents and grandparents?
There is no hard rule anymore and it often changes based upon faith or culture, but this is what I suggest. The officiant goes down first, followed by groom. This is followed by the groom’s grandparents, then the bride’s grandparents. Next comes the groom’s family, then the bride’s mother with an usher, brother or close relative. Last but not least is the bride, escorted by her father. For the recessional, the groom’s family leaves first and the bride’s family leaves last, as they are the hosts.
- 11 Ideas That Will Transform Your Backyard Into The Best Wedding Ever
- The Best Etsy Finds For Your Wedding Favors
- Wedding Planning As Told By The Bachelor Girls
- 7 Non-Cheesy Ways To Add Valentine’s Day Romance To Your Wedding
- The World's Worst Wedding Fails Of All Time
- The Internet Has Spoken: These Are The Best DIY Wedding Tutorials