Ask Colin: Planning
What is the order of processional for parents and grandparents?
There is no hard rule anymore and it often changes based upon faith or culture, but this is what I suggest. The officiant goes down first, followed by groom. This is followed by the groom’s grandparents, then the bride’s grandparents. Next comes the groom’s family, then the bride’s mother with an usher, brother or close relative. Last but not least is the bride, escorted by her father. For the recessional, the groom’s family leaves first and the bride’s family leaves last, as they are the hosts.
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot
- 9 Heart-Warming Gifts To Thank Dad On Your Wedding Day
- 10 Wedding Planning Hacks That Will Make Your Life *So* Much Easier
- 11 Thoughtful Gift Ideas Your Mom Deserves On Your Wedding Day
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research
- Colin Cowie x Rosewood Sand Hill Event Studio Launch