Ask Colin: Planning
What is the order of processional for parents and grandparents?
There is no hard rule anymore and it often changes based upon faith or culture, but this is what I suggest. The officiant goes down first, followed by groom. This is followed by the groom’s grandparents, then the bride’s grandparents. Next comes the groom’s family, then the bride’s mother with an usher, brother or close relative. Last but not least is the bride, escorted by her father. For the recessional, the groom’s family leaves first and the bride’s family leaves last, as they are the hosts.
- 7 Non-Cheesy Ways To Add Valentine’s Day Romance To Your Wedding
- The World's Worst Wedding Fails Of All Time
- The Internet Has Spoken: These Are The Best DIY Wedding Tutorials
- The 8 Best Winter Wedding Venues In The Country
- Creative Save The Dates And Invites For The Best Wedding Ever
- How To Add Some Holiday Spirit To Your Wedding