6 Tips For Digital Savvy Brides
Planning a wedding is stressful enough, so the team at Colin Cowie Weddings is all for anything that will make the process more efficient and less chaotic. That said, we’ve put together a list of our favorite apps and websites you needed to know about yesterday.
Get InspiredThere’s a 99% chance you have the Pinterest and/or Instagram apps downloaded on your smartphone, but there are so many other great sites available for finding wedding inspiration. WeHeartIt features fun, user-generated photos categorized by tags that are geared toward a younger demographic, while Lover.ly features gorgeous imagery and expert advice from wedding industry leaders. (Click here to read Colin’s tips for Lover.ly brides!)
CREATE A WEBSITEWhen it’s your job to keep dozens of guests connected and countless lists organized, the last thing you have time for is building a website. However, wedding websites are incredibly useful (as long as you don’t have to build them yourself). We can say with certainty that Appy Couple is the number one wedding website builder right now. Brides rave about the hundreds of design features and efficient planning tools.
E-vitesThere are so many advantages to sending out your wedding invitations online rather than by snail mail. Not only are you lessening your carbon footprint, but your guests will also quickly receive your invitation. With online wedding invitations, you’ll save on printed materials, postage, a calligrapher and add-ons like wax seals, while still sending out a gorgeous invitation.
Use Apps To Help You PlanWith details about flowers, appetizers, favors and guests, it’s no wonder there are tons of wedding apps available to help you stay organized throughout the wedding planning process. Check out a few of our favorites below.
- Appy Couple: offers brides the most fabulous websites and there’s an app for brides on the go. You’re welcome.
- Idoo: features a ton of vendors to browse through by city.
- Cozi: allows your bride, groom, wedding party and creative partners to keep track of appointments with their easy planning tool.
Create A HashtagUnless you’re going unplugged for your wedding day, creating a hashtag that’s unique to you and your groom is a fun way to get your guests involved on social media. Let your guests know ahead of time that any photos uoloaded to Instagram can be hashtagged with your custom name.
Film It All YourselfGoPro has literally changed the way we see things. This portable camera can be mounted to surfboards, helmets and even bouquets. Yes, brides have officially begun filming their weddings by placing GoPros in their bouquets and capturing amazing, unfiltered footage from the bride’s point of view. Just make sure the GoPro doesn’t become the center of your attention on your wedding day. Keep quiet that your bouquet is housing a GoPro so your guests act natural and don’t stress about how it’s positioned- that’s what video editing is for! After you upload the footage to Youtube or Vimeo, share with your guests through your Appy Couple site!
- 10 Wedding Planning Hacks That Will Make Your Life *So* Much Easier
- 11 Thoughtful Gift Ideas Your Mom Deserves On Your Wedding Day
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research
- Colin Cowie x Rosewood Sand Hill Event Studio Launch
- It-Girl Approved Gifts For Your Bachelorette Party
- 10 Minutes With: Julie Lindenman, Colin Cowie Celebrations Senior Event Producer