Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
Who should write the wedding thank you notes? Me, my husband, or both of us? How can I convince him to help? Should notes be signed from both of us or one?
This is one of those tasks that will help you learn to work together and divide responsibilities--the first of many you'll encounter now that you're married.
Try dividing the thank you notes, with each of you writing to the guests you know best or who sent gifts specific to one of your tastes or interests.
Certainly, the best man and groomsmen will find a note from your husband more meaningful than one written by you. Likewise, your maid of honor and close female friends will prefer a note from you. You can sign your notes from one or both of you.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?