Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
My fiancee and I are at odds over our seating chart. I believe we should mix it up with both sides. He believes that is stupid and only people that know each other should be at the tables together. What is the "traditional" set up for seating guests?
Forget tradition and do what will be best for your party. Mix it up. If you have all the chatty Kathy’s on one side and all the librarians on the other, you will have a boring party. Mix it up, separate couples and you are destined for a great and memorable wedding.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?