Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
What if I didn't receive a gift from one of my guests? Should I write a note thanking them for attending? Should I ask them about the gift in case it might have gotten lost?
Never call to ask whether someone sent a gift. It's presumptuous. Guests have up to a year after your wedding to send a gift without breaching rules in anybody's etiquette book.
There is no need to send a thank you note to a guest simply for attending the wedding, unless you feel a real closeness to the person or they did something special for you at the event.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?