Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
Can I type my thank you notes or print them out on the computer?
Only if you have handwriting like a doctor. I don't mean to sound so definitive about it, but I think thank you notes should always be hand-written since they are so personal (and it means so much more to the person receiving it).
Today, since we all have access to personal computers, a hand-written note has even more impact. I believe it is a tradition to cherish.
If you truly have illegible handwriting it is acceptable to type the note, but be sure to include a quick word of apology explaining why you have chosen to type it. Choosing a typeface that looks like script is a step in the right direction, and shows that you took the time to personalize in your own way.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?