Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
I am the mother of the bride and the wedding is next summer but I am concerned because the parents of the groom have not reached out to me. Should I contact them? My daughter has now been engaged 2 months and I have only met them once.
It is the responsibility of your daughter and future son-in-law to make the introductions and get both families together. Speak to your daughter and encourage her to plan a dinner or other casual affair where you can get the planning process started.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?