Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
Samuel Lippke Studios
Should I do a first look or capture that moment when I go down the aisle?
A first look is when the bride and groom see each other prior to the ceremony. This is done alone and is a moment shared between just the two of you. When it comes to choosing between a first look moment and waiting until you walk down the aisle, the choice is completely up to you. There are no rules and you should do whatever you feel comfortable with. If you’d rather get some pictures out of the way and spend more time at your party, then a first look is for you. If you’ve been dreaming of the day you walked down the aisle and your groom first laid eyes on you- then go the traditional route. It’s a personal choice!
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?