Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
If you are having a formal wedding, is it ok to say no children? How can we inform our guest without offending anyone?
This is YOUR wedding and since it’s formal, you are not obligated to have children at your wedding. The invitation should be addressed to Mr. and Mrs., not Mr. and Mrs. and Family. If your friend inquires, let her know that as much as you love her children, this is an adult affair. Besides, your friend will have a whole lot more fun without having to deal with her kids. Another idea is have the kids come to the ceremony and then get a room and a babysitter with some movies and games to entertain the children while the adults have fun at the reception.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?