Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
Hi Colin, Everyone at work knows I am getting married and work is a pretty tight knit group. Even so, I do not necessarily want everyone from work at my wedding. How do I handle sending invitations to certain people and not make others feel bad?
While it may seem like an awkward situation waiting to happen, remember that it’s your wedding and you should invite only who you truly want there. Privately speak to those you’re inviting and let them know that you can’t invite everyone in the office to celebrate with you. If other coworkers ask about your wedding, let them know that you are limited by budget and space and cannot invite everyone, even though you’d love to have them there to celebrate with you. Consider going out for drinks after work to let them know how much you value their friendship and the support they’ve given you during your engagement.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?