Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
Colin Cowie Wedding Invitations Collection exclusively for Invitations By Dawn
How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
Reply promptly with a handwritten note. If you are sending regrets to someone who is not a close friend, do so as briefly as possible (“We regret we will be out of town” or “We are unable to attend due to a prior engagement”), but if you are close to the host or hostess you should also elaborate in the note and call, explaining your absence in more personal terms. If you RSVP that you are coming, then you must go. Period! A yes means that the host is going to decide where you will be seated, make a place for you at the table, prepare a meal for you, and rely upon your presence. Show up and be on time!
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?
- Evites: trendy or tacky?