Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
Colin Cowie Celebrations
My fiancée and I are looking for a creative way to enter our ceremony area. We would like an alternative to having one of us walk down the aisle first and wait for the other at the altar. Do you have any suggestions for how two brides can walk down the aisle?
Set up a ceremony area with multiple aisles leading to the altar. After your family and the wedding party have made their way down the aisle, have the music change with a cue for the two of you. Walk down the aisle at the same time, either accompanied by a family member or by yourselves, and meet one another at the altar to symbolize the two of you becoming one family.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?