Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
How far does a guest need to travel to be considered an out-of-town guest? Are they to receive a gift from the couple?
If the guest will not sleeping in their own bed, they are an out of town guest. A gift is not mandatory, but is a lovely gesture welcoming them to your wedding and thanking them for travelling to be a part of your celebration.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?