Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
We are getting married at one location and then going to another location for celebration. How do I indicate on the invitation that purchase of food and drink will be each person's responsibility? Some wine, champagne, hors d'oeuvres and cake will be provided.
I suggest you have the ceremony and then host a smaller champagne and cake reception, rather than requiring your guests to provide for themselves. Alternatively, you could have an early afternoon wedding and follow with an afternoon tea. If you pick a non-Saturday date you will get better deals from locations and vendors, and may be able to offer more refreshments for your attendees.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?