Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
My fiance's mother is overstepping her bounds with wedding planning, how do I make her stop?
Your wedding is the first joint statement of style you and your husband will make. Make sure your husband-to-be stands by you on this issue. The two of you should deliver this message to your well-meaning mother in law and explain that, while you have listened to her ideas, you and your fiancé have a different vision and direction for the wedding. This way it's coming from both of you and this message will make sure there are no interferences after the wedding either.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?