Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
I prefer a complete black tie event but understand it might be difficult for those who do not own tuxedos. Is it acceptable to put "Black Tie Preferred" on the invite to make clear this will be a very formal wedding?
You got it right! This way no one is obliged, but you have let people know the tone and feeling for your wedding.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?