Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
Courtesy of Donna Morgan
Due to a small budget I am planning on only having one attendant at my wedding. How can I incorporate my five sisters into the celebration? I don't want them to feel left out.
There are many things they can do. One could handle the seating cards when the guests arrive, another could man the guestbook if you are having one, one gets to read a passage at the ceremony and one makes a toast during the dinner. Of perhaps ask all five of them to do a reading together or make a speech together during the ceremony or reception.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?