Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
Colin Cowie Celebrations
Do you have any advice for a best man at a wedding and tips for making an excellent speech?
Begin by introducing yourself and greeting the bride and groom. Say something nice about the day so far. Tell a quick story that would be interesting to both sides, be respectful (avoid any ex-girlfriend stories or profanity) and make the guests last. Last but not least, offer the couple your best wishes for their marriage. Do this all in under three minutes – 5 at the most if you’re a good speaker.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?