Ask Colin: Wedding Etiquette
Michelle Jonné Photography
Is there a graceful way to enter the cocktail reception without someone "announcing" each member of the bridal party? Do we need to be announced? Sometimes it feels like a game show! Help!
There are NO rules. The only rule is that good taste prevail and you can do whatever you want. Just make a casual entrance without any announcement and either be seated for dinner or head directly to the dance floor for a set of dancing and after the first dance invite the rest of the family.
- How to RSVP to a formal invitation?
- How to avoid Flower Girl mishaps on your wedding day?
- How to manage kids at a wedding?
- How do I make sure social media doesn't take over my wedding?
- When should thank you cards be sent?
- My parents are divorced, who should walk me down the aisle?