Ask Colin: Wedding Budget
What is the biggest wedding budget don’t?
Don’t think quantity over quality. Pick three things and do them well rather than 5 things on the skinny. Spend your money where your guests will get the most out it. Offer a better cut of meat and quality of wine instead of party favors; serve a delicious 3-course meal including dessert instead of an elaborate multi course menu. Offer a signature cocktail instead of the proverbial red wine, white wine and water, save them for the meal service. And rather than hiring a band, book a DJ…find one who understands how to work the energy in the room so when it’s time to party everyone is on the dance floor.
- What should I do if my dream wedding idea and budget conflict?
- If I'm planning my wedding on a budget is a tent wedding out of the question?
- How Much Should I Give As A Wedding Gift?
- Should We Get A Prenup?
- How should I approach the subject of who pays for what?
- How can I host a contemporary and chic destination wedding?