Ask Colin: Wedding Budget
We can't afford an open bar. What should we do?
There are lots of chic ways around this problem. Upon arrival at your reception or cocktail hour, offer two signature cocktails. They can be pre-made and elegantly served with a beautiful garnish. Print up the recipe and give it a charming name that resonates with your guests. (I once did a wedding where we named the cocktails after the bridesmaids.)
At dinner, select wines from Chile, Spain, South Africa, New Zealand or Australia. They are very affordable and delicious. After dinner, if your guests want to drink something other than the cocktail or wine, it is perfectly okay to have a cash bar.
- What is the biggest wedding budget don’t?
- What should I do if my dream wedding idea and budget conflict?
- If I'm planning my wedding on a budget is a tent wedding out of the question?
- How Much Should I Give As A Wedding Gift?
- Should We Get A Prenup?
- How should I approach the subject of who pays for what?