Ask Colin: Wedding Budget
Our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception (a lunch) will have an open bar. We think the reception/lunch will end at about 4pm. Around 9pm, we're hoping the young crowd will come hang out with us at our favorite neighborhood bar, but we won't be footing that bar bill. How do we phrase that portion of the invitation to make that clear, without sounding cheap or rude?
I think you should cover the first round of drinks at the bar or say you are hosting from 9-10pm anything after that is a cash bar. Or perhaps you come up with a ‘cocktail of the night’ which is a drink that you cover the cost of and if they want beer or scotch or vodka its for their own bill.
- What is the biggest wedding budget don’t?
- What should I do if my dream wedding idea and budget conflict?
- If I'm planning my wedding on a budget is a tent wedding out of the question?
- How Much Should I Give As A Wedding Gift?
- Should We Get A Prenup?
- How should I approach the subject of who pays for what?