Valentine's Day History
There are a few versions of how Valentine's Day came to be, all of which involve sword-weilding Romans and heroic men facing untimely and tragic deaths. There's one tale we can't ignore, however. Valentine, who was imprisoned for helping innocent captives escape, sent love letters to his beloved signed, "From Your Valentine". While the stories are vague, the message is clear: sending hand written notes is about as romantic as it gets. This Valentine's Day, we bring to you the designs of Kim Austin of Austin Press in San Francisco, who creates gorgeous handmade letterpressed materials on a 19th century old-style press. So sweet, how can we resist?
- The 8 Best Winter Wedding Venues In The Country
- Creative Save The Dates And Invites For The Best Wedding Ever
- How To Add Some Holiday Spirit To Your Wedding
- 5 Winter Wedding Color Schemes So Good They’ll Give You The Chills
- Heres Everything You *Need* On Your Wedding Website
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot