Valentine's Day History
There are a few versions of how Valentine's Day came to be, all of which involve sword-weilding Romans and heroic men facing untimely and tragic deaths. There's one tale we can't ignore, however. Valentine, who was imprisoned for helping innocent captives escape, sent love letters to his beloved signed, "From Your Valentine". While the stories are vague, the message is clear: sending hand written notes is about as romantic as it gets. This Valentine's Day, we bring to you the designs of Kim Austin of Austin Press in San Francisco, who creates gorgeous handmade letterpressed materials on a 19th century old-style press. So sweet, how can we resist?
- 11 Ideas That Will Transform Your Backyard Into The Best Wedding Ever
- The Best Etsy Finds For Your Wedding Favors
- Wedding Planning As Told By The Bachelor Girls
- 7 Non-Cheesy Ways To Add Valentine’s Day Romance To Your Wedding
- The World's Worst Wedding Fails Of All Time
- The Internet Has Spoken: These Are The Best DIY Wedding Tutorials