Ask Colin: Planning
The most common decorating mistake?
Proper lighting is so important that I always advise clients on a budget that if they had planned to spend a certain amount on centerpieces, they should cut back by 35 percent and use the savings to hire a lighting company. You can spend hundreds of dollars on a centerpiece, but if it is not properly lit at night, your guests won’t be able to see it.
Be sure you see your space under the same lighting conditions as will be present at the time of your reception. Think about how to highlight the food stations, the dance floor, the band, the tables, and the cake. The goal is to create a softly lit environment that is flattering to your guests and conducive to having a good time.
- 11 Ideas That Will Transform Your Backyard Into The Best Wedding Ever
- The Best Etsy Finds For Your Wedding Favors
- Wedding Planning As Told By The Bachelor Girls
- 7 Non-Cheesy Ways To Add Valentine’s Day Romance To Your Wedding
- The World's Worst Wedding Fails Of All Time
- The Internet Has Spoken: These Are The Best DIY Wedding Tutorials