Ask Colin: Planning
The most common decorating mistake?
Proper lighting is so important that I always advise clients on a budget that if they had planned to spend a certain amount on centerpieces, they should cut back by 35 percent and use the savings to hire a lighting company. You can spend hundreds of dollars on a centerpiece, but if it is not properly lit at night, your guests won’t be able to see it.
Be sure you see your space under the same lighting conditions as will be present at the time of your reception. Think about how to highlight the food stations, the dance floor, the band, the tables, and the cake. The goal is to create a softly lit environment that is flattering to your guests and conducive to having a good time.
- 10 Wedding Planning Hacks That Will Make Your Life *So* Much Easier
- 11 Thoughtful Gift Ideas Your Mom Deserves On Your Wedding Day
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research
- Colin Cowie x Rosewood Sand Hill Event Studio Launch
- It-Girl Approved Gifts For Your Bachelorette Party
- 10 Minutes With: Julie Lindenman, Colin Cowie Celebrations Senior Event Producer