Ask Colin: Planning
Dear Colin, I just had a Vegas Wedding at a sweet chapel called Little Chapel of Flowers. I was widowed very young with two sons, and then met my husband. We have been together for almost 30 years and had a son and daughter of our own after eight years together. Not all of our family was able to attend our service, so we had it streamed live. Should I throw an intimate party of some sort to celebrate with our small family at home or would that be tacky?
Absolutely! You should feel free to have a family reception to celebrate your wedding and your happiness. This is a big deal and deserves to be celebrated accordingly.
It could be a Sunday Brunch, a Friday night cocktail party or a sit-down dinner with some of your favorite family recipes. Make sure you serve wedding cake for dessert!
- 10 Wedding Planning Hacks That Will Make Your Life *So* Much Easier
- 11 Thoughtful Gift Ideas Your Mom Deserves On Your Wedding Day
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research
- Colin Cowie x Rosewood Sand Hill Event Studio Launch
- It-Girl Approved Gifts For Your Bachelorette Party
- 10 Minutes With: Julie Lindenman, Colin Cowie Celebrations Senior Event Producer