Ask Colin: Planning
Dear Colin, I just had a Vegas Wedding at a sweet chapel called Little Chapel of Flowers. I was widowed very young with two sons, and then met my husband. We have been together for almost 30 years and had a son and daughter of our own after eight years together. Not all of our family was able to attend our service, so we had it streamed live. Should I throw an intimate party of some sort to celebrate with our small family at home or would that be tacky?
Absolutely! You should feel free to have a family reception to celebrate your wedding and your happiness. This is a big deal and deserves to be celebrated accordingly.
It could be a Sunday Brunch, a Friday night cocktail party or a sit-down dinner with some of your favorite family recipes. Make sure you serve wedding cake for dessert!
- The 8 Best Winter Wedding Venues In The Country
- Creative Save The Dates And Invites For The Best Wedding Ever
- How To Add Some Holiday Spirit To Your Wedding
- 5 Winter Wedding Color Schemes So Good They’ll Give You The Chills
- Heres Everything You *Need* On Your Wedding Website
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot