Ask Colin: Planning
Should I have a receiving line?
Receiving lines take a tremendous amount of time, particularly at a large wedding, and they tie up the key people, which dampens the energy of the party. I usually avoid them. It is much more natural for the bride, groom, and bridal party to circulate and greet guests during the cocktail hour and/or between courses at the dinner.
- Heres Everything You *Need* On Your Wedding Website
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot
- 9 Heart-Warming Gifts To Thank Dad On Your Wedding Day
- 10 Wedding Planning Hacks That Will Make Your Life *So* Much Easier
- 11 Thoughtful Gift Ideas Your Mom Deserves On Your Wedding Day
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research