Ask Colin: Planning
Should I have a receiving line?
Receiving lines take a tremendous amount of time, particularly at a large wedding, and they tie up the key people, which dampens the energy of the party. I usually avoid them. It is much more natural for the bride, groom, and bridal party to circulate and greet guests during the cocktail hour and/or between courses at the dinner.
- The 8 Best Winter Wedding Venues In The Country
- Creative Save The Dates And Invites For The Best Wedding Ever
- How To Add Some Holiday Spirit To Your Wedding
- 5 Winter Wedding Color Schemes So Good They’ll Give You The Chills
- Heres Everything You *Need* On Your Wedding Website
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot