Setting the Date
Avoiding Calendar Conundrums
Choosing a date for your wedding can be a complicated decision, fraught with emotions and financial consideration.
As you're deciding which date is right for you, keep in mind the following:
- Vacation days. You and your fiancé may have different amounts of days available for your wedding and honeymoon. If it's not possible to take off longer than a week for your wedding and honeymoon, you might want to plan your honeymoon for a later date. Also keep in mind any large work projects or busy seasons that might affect when you can take off.
- Available dates at your venue of choice. If there's a venue you already have your heart set on, it's important to call and check right away if the date you have in mind (or maybe just the month or time of year) is available. Some venues get booked as far as two years in advance, so if you're on a tight planning timeline, this should be one of the first things you do.
- Coordinating ceremony and reception sites. If you're having your ceremony and reception in different places, check on the availability at both locations.
- Holidays. Do you want to schedule your wedding around a holiday? Will this be easier or harder for you and your guests?
- Competition. You want to keep in mind any other big events happening in the same year as your wedding. Will your grandparents be celebrating their golden anniversary? Is someone having a big milestone birthday? Perhaps someone else in your family is getting married too?
- Weather worries. If you're planning an outdoor wedding or destination wedding, keep the weather patterns in mind. For example, you may not want to plan your wedding in the Bahamas during hurricane season.
Once you've taken all of the above into consideration, you'll be left with a date that may seem far away but will be here before you know it. Now starts the fun of nailing down the details. Congratulations and enjoy the wedding planning!
- 7 Non-Cheesy Ways To Add Valentine’s Day Romance To Your Wedding
- The World's Worst Wedding Fails Of All Time
- The Internet Has Spoken: These Are The Best DIY Wedding Tutorials
- The 8 Best Winter Wedding Venues In The Country
- Creative Save The Dates And Invites For The Best Wedding Ever
- How To Add Some Holiday Spirit To Your Wedding