Ask Colin: Planning
Photo by Sylvie Gil Photography
Modern alternative to the traditional receiving line?
There is nothing worse than a receiving line. Its an archaic custom that causes a huge bottle neck during the cocktail reception. I think they should be BANNED from weddings. Instead, the bride and groom should naturally make their way around the room to greet guests during the cocktail hour as well as between courses during the reception. Have your maid of honor and best man carry a list of each family’s closest members, such as Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents, and people who have traveled a long distance to the wedding, and have them check off whom you’ve spoken to.
- The 8 Best Winter Wedding Venues In The Country
- Creative Save The Dates And Invites For The Best Wedding Ever
- How To Add Some Holiday Spirit To Your Wedding
- 5 Winter Wedding Color Schemes So Good They’ll Give You The Chills
- Heres Everything You *Need* On Your Wedding Website
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot