Ask Colin: Planning
Photo by Sylvie Gil Photography
Modern alternative to the traditional receiving line?
There is nothing worse than a receiving line. Its an archaic custom that causes a huge bottle neck during the cocktail reception. I think they should be BANNED from weddings. Instead, the bride and groom should naturally make their way around the room to greet guests during the cocktail hour as well as between courses during the reception. Have your maid of honor and best man carry a list of each family’s closest members, such as Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents, and people who have traveled a long distance to the wedding, and have them check off whom you’ve spoken to.
- 10 Wedding Planning Hacks That Will Make Your Life *So* Much Easier
- 11 Thoughtful Gift Ideas Your Mom Deserves On Your Wedding Day
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research
- Colin Cowie x Rosewood Sand Hill Event Studio Launch
- It-Girl Approved Gifts For Your Bachelorette Party
- 10 Minutes With: Julie Lindenman, Colin Cowie Celebrations Senior Event Producer