Ask Colin: Planning
Photo by Sylvie Gil Photography
Modern alternative to the traditional receiving line?
There is nothing worse than a receiving line. Its an archaic custom that causes a huge bottle neck during the cocktail reception. I think they should be BANNED from weddings. Instead, the bride and groom should naturally make their way around the room to greet guests during the cocktail hour as well as between courses during the reception. Have your maid of honor and best man carry a list of each family’s closest members, such as Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents, and people who have traveled a long distance to the wedding, and have them check off whom you’ve spoken to.
- 11 Ideas That Will Transform Your Backyard Into The Best Wedding Ever
- The Best Etsy Finds For Your Wedding Favors
- Wedding Planning As Told By The Bachelor Girls
- 7 Non-Cheesy Ways To Add Valentine’s Day Romance To Your Wedding
- The World's Worst Wedding Fails Of All Time
- The Internet Has Spoken: These Are The Best DIY Wedding Tutorials