Ask Colin: Planning
How to plan the room layout for my reception?
The way you lay out the space in which you’ll hold your reception has a powerful influence on how the party moves. Think first about the entrance to the space and put yourself in the position of a guest entering the room. Remember that the central focal point of the room creates that all-important first impression. Your eyes should be immediately drawn to what you want the guests to see: the cake, the band playing, waiters holding trays of champagne, beautiful illuminated floral centerpieces. Lay out your room with that in mind.
The key elements in the room should be placed with a sense of symmetry. The dance floor is the focal point of the room, the energy hub of the party. The bridal party table or tables are best placed next to the dance floor in the center of the room, with all the other tables filling in around it.
- 7 Non-Cheesy Ways To Add Valentine’s Day Romance To Your Wedding
- The World's Worst Wedding Fails Of All Time
- The Internet Has Spoken: These Are The Best DIY Wedding Tutorials
- The 8 Best Winter Wedding Venues In The Country
- Creative Save The Dates And Invites For The Best Wedding Ever
- How To Add Some Holiday Spirit To Your Wedding