Ask Colin: Planning
I am the groom’s mother. We are hosting the rehearsal dinner and a brunch the day after the wedding. They will have 24 groomsmen and bridesmaids and 12 parents and grandparents in attendance. Do we have to invite all out of town guests plus the bridal parties spouses, girlfriends and kids? The room only holds 70 people.
Generally speaking you would invite all listed above to the rehearsal dinner and the brunch. However, if you wanted you could have a smaller, more intimate family dinner and have the extended group join you for dessert and cocktails later.
- The 8 Best Winter Wedding Venues In The Country
- Creative Save The Dates And Invites For The Best Wedding Ever
- How To Add Some Holiday Spirit To Your Wedding
- 5 Winter Wedding Color Schemes So Good They’ll Give You The Chills
- Heres Everything You *Need* On Your Wedding Website
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot