First Dance Songs
Start your wedding off right with a spin around the dance floor.
You’ve made it! You and your new husband are down the aisle with new rings on your fingers, portraits have been taken, and now it’s time to get your wedding reception started. And what better way to kick it all off than with your first dance?
Picking a first dance song can be a challenge – there are so many eras, styles, artists and moods to choose from. Should you go classic, with Elvis Presley’s Can’t Help Falling in Love or Frank Sinatra’s The Way You Look Tonight? Or modern, with Van Morrison’s Crazy Love or Little Big Town’s Bring It On Home?
The most important thing to remember when choosing a first dance song is to select a song whose lyrics resonate with you. If you and your fiancé have “your song”, one that sums up your relationship and gets you dancing every time you hear it, now’s the time to bust out the moves you’ve been practicing in the kitchen as the radio blares.
If not, check out our lists of suggestions below – these songs have sweet lyrics, great grooves and are ideal for a sway (or choreographed jaunt) around the dance floor. Be sure to follow us on Spotify for more wedding song recommendations, from your walk down the aisle to the final dance.
Classic First Dance Songs
Modern First Dance Songs
- The 8 Best Winter Wedding Venues In The Country
- Creative Save The Dates And Invites For The Best Wedding Ever
- How To Add Some Holiday Spirit To Your Wedding
- 5 Winter Wedding Color Schemes So Good They’ll Give You The Chills
- Heres Everything You *Need* On Your Wedding Website
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot