Ask Colin: Planning
My son is having a Saturday morning wedding with the reception starting at 1pm. Neither he nor his bride want alcohol served, but they are getting pushback from her family. To have time for pictures after the ceremony, her family is suggesting cocktail hour. How do you think they should handle this?
While this is your son and his fiancée’s day, it is also their first time to truly entertain as a couple. As the consummate hosts, they should keep their guests’ desires and needs in mind. If the couple feels that 1pm is too early for a full-blown cocktail hour, consider setting up a mimosa and bellini bar, as well as offering fruit juices and flavored water. Serve light bites and allow guests to mingle as pictures are taken, then be sure everyone has the drink of their choice as the couple returns for the reception. Kick it off with a celebratory Champagne toast.
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research
- Colin Cowie x Rosewood Sand Hill Event Studio Launch
- It-Girl Approved Gifts For Your Bachelorette Party
- 10 Minutes With: Julie Lindenman, Colin Cowie Celebrations Senior Event Producer
- What Should Actually Be In Your Clutch On Your Wedding Day
- Win The Hottest Summer Accessories From Pura Vida For You And Your 4 Lucky Bridesmaids!