Ask Colin: Planning
I’m planning a beach wedding for about 75 guests. Does we need a sound system for ceremony and music? Or can we go without speakers, etc.? Also, if we should use speakers, how do we get power to the beach?
I recommend having a sound system for the ceremony, as the sound of the crashing waves may block out your voices. You’ll also want to be able to project music so that your guests can hear it as the evening goes on. If you’re hiring someone to do sound for you, you can simply bury extension cords in the sand and connect them to a power source. You could also get a battery-operated sound system to use without cords.
- The 8 Best Winter Wedding Venues In The Country
- Creative Save The Dates And Invites For The Best Wedding Ever
- How To Add Some Holiday Spirit To Your Wedding
- 5 Winter Wedding Color Schemes So Good They’ll Give You The Chills
- Heres Everything You *Need* On Your Wedding Website
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot