Ask Colin: Planning
Do I need place cards at my party?
I’m a firm believer in providing seating placements for my guests- whenever and wherever appropriate. (Professionally, we always do it for large formal occasions, but sometimes it’s called for with smaller parties.) The reason? First, putting guests in pre-determined spots allows me to account for the yin and yang of various personalities, to ensure social equilibrium and to balance the energy of the table. If I know Jane’s a live wire and Mary’s one, too, I’ll put them on opposite ends; if I seat them side by side, the other half of the table is going to be dead by comparison. I always try to alternate boy-girl around the table as well as to separate best friends, and husbands and wives. (They see enough of each other.) Another practical aspect of place cards: They’re a valuable crutch for those who might have a difficult time remembering names.
- 10 Wedding Planning Hacks That Will Make Your Life *So* Much Easier
- 11 Thoughtful Gift Ideas Your Mom Deserves On Your Wedding Day
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research
- Colin Cowie x Rosewood Sand Hill Event Studio Launch
- It-Girl Approved Gifts For Your Bachelorette Party
- 10 Minutes With: Julie Lindenman, Colin Cowie Celebrations Senior Event Producer