Ask Colin: Planning
Do I need place cards at my party?
I’m a firm believer in providing seating placements for my guests- whenever and wherever appropriate. (Professionally, we always do it for large formal occasions, but sometimes it’s called for with smaller parties.) The reason? First, putting guests in pre-determined spots allows me to account for the yin and yang of various personalities, to ensure social equilibrium and to balance the energy of the table. If I know Jane’s a live wire and Mary’s one, too, I’ll put them on opposite ends; if I seat them side by side, the other half of the table is going to be dead by comparison. I always try to alternate boy-girl around the table as well as to separate best friends, and husbands and wives. (They see enough of each other.) Another practical aspect of place cards: They’re a valuable crutch for those who might have a difficult time remembering names.
- 11 Ideas That Will Transform Your Backyard Into The Best Wedding Ever
- The Best Etsy Finds For Your Wedding Favors
- Wedding Planning As Told By The Bachelor Girls
- 7 Non-Cheesy Ways To Add Valentine’s Day Romance To Your Wedding
- The World's Worst Wedding Fails Of All Time
- The Internet Has Spoken: These Are The Best DIY Wedding Tutorials