Ask Colin: Planning
My son is having a small wedding in October, far from us where he and his fiancé live. Only a few of our friends are being invited to the wedding, and many would not make the trip due to the distance anyway. We would like to have a party at our home for the couple when they visit us in May and invite our friends. Is this appropriate? Do I call it and Engagement Party? Shower? Something different?
Send out an invitation for a reception in honor of the new couple. Keep it a fun party and perhaps serve a wedding cake for dessert.
- 11 Ideas That Will Transform Your Backyard Into The Best Wedding Ever
- The Best Etsy Finds For Your Wedding Favors
- Wedding Planning As Told By The Bachelor Girls
- 7 Non-Cheesy Ways To Add Valentine’s Day Romance To Your Wedding
- The World's Worst Wedding Fails Of All Time
- The Internet Has Spoken: These Are The Best DIY Wedding Tutorials