Ask Colin: Planning
My son is having a small wedding in October, far from us where he and his fiancé live. Only a few of our friends are being invited to the wedding, and many would not make the trip due to the distance anyway. We would like to have a party at our home for the couple when they visit us in May and invite our friends. Is this appropriate? Do I call it and Engagement Party? Shower? Something different?
Send out an invitation for a reception in honor of the new couple. Keep it a fun party and perhaps serve a wedding cake for dessert.
- Heres Everything You *Need* On Your Wedding Website
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot
- 9 Heart-Warming Gifts To Thank Dad On Your Wedding Day
- 10 Wedding Planning Hacks That Will Make Your Life *So* Much Easier
- 11 Thoughtful Gift Ideas Your Mom Deserves On Your Wedding Day
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research