Ask Colin: Planning
Photo by Jose Villa
I agreed to be a bridesmaid 8 months ago, but now I’m realizing it’s more of a time commitment than I can really make right now. The wedding is still 4 months away, but I don’t know what to tell the bride. Can I back out of being a bridesmaid after already saying yes?
In short, yes. If you realize you have too much on your plate – a new job, are in the process of moving, have other family commitments – and cannot fulfill your bridesmaid duties, it is acceptable to let the bride know. However, I’d recommend doing so sooner rather than later so that she can redistribute tasks among the other bridesmaids.
- Wedding Planning As Told By The Bachelor Girls
- 7 Non-Cheesy Ways To Add Valentine’s Day Romance To Your Wedding
- The World's Worst Wedding Fails Of All Time
- The Internet Has Spoken: These Are The Best DIY Wedding Tutorials
- The 8 Best Winter Wedding Venues In The Country
- Creative Save The Dates And Invites For The Best Wedding Ever