Ask Colin: Planning
Photo by Jose Villa
I agreed to be a bridesmaid 8 months ago, but now I’m realizing it’s more of a time commitment than I can really make right now. The wedding is still 4 months away, but I don’t know what to tell the bride. Can I back out of being a bridesmaid after already saying yes?
In short, yes. If you realize you have too much on your plate – a new job, are in the process of moving, have other family commitments – and cannot fulfill your bridesmaid duties, it is acceptable to let the bride know. However, I’d recommend doing so sooner rather than later so that she can redistribute tasks among the other bridesmaids.
- Heres Everything You *Need* On Your Wedding Website
- 12 Late Night Wedding Snacks & Sips That Will Totally Hit The Spot
- 9 Heart-Warming Gifts To Thank Dad On Your Wedding Day
- 10 Wedding Planning Hacks That Will Make Your Life *So* Much Easier
- 11 Thoughtful Gift Ideas Your Mom Deserves On Your Wedding Day
- 8 Super Cute Pink Bridal Shower Favor Ideas That Benefit Breast Cancer Research