Ask Colin: Inspiration & Details
Colin Cowie Celebrations
What are the hottest trends in weddings right now?
Here’s the top 3 trends in weddings right now:
Farm to Table. Farm-to-table isn’t just the biggest trend in restaurants right now but it’s also the hottest thing in weddings. Nowadays, brides aren’t just asking for organic greens- they are asking for the exact farm that their greens came from. Caterers are working with local farms to create the best menu and experience for the new-age bride.
Reflective Surfaces. Think: lucite engraved place cards, a mirrored table runner and either mirrored or mercury vases. Reflective surfaces add a big dose of style and glamour to any table. For a luxe for less version, remove the frame from a simple back of door mirror and viola- you have your mirrored runner.
Music Mash-Up. Forget the classic band vs. DJ debate… why not have both? Go for a band in the beginning of the night, for first dances and while dinner is being served, then turn it over to a DJ to keep the party going late into the night. If you have a talented group get your band to do live mash-up’s with the DJ. It’s the perfect mix of something for everyone!
- The 20 Sweetest Dessert Tables Of All Time
- The Splurge & Steal “Can’t Live Without” Items To Add To Your Bridal Registry
- Celebs Who Slayed In A Non-Traditional Wedding Dress
- Save Big On Flowers With The Biggest Wedding Trend Of 2017
- 8 Dreamy Watercolor Wedding Details That Will Be Your Next Obsession
- How To Style A Bar Cart Worth Throwing A Party For