Ask Colin: Inspiration & Details
Colin Cowie Celebrations
What are the hottest trends in weddings right now?
Here’s the top 3 trends in weddings right now:
Farm to Table. Farm-to-table isn’t just the biggest trend in restaurants right now but it’s also the hottest thing in weddings. Nowadays, brides aren’t just asking for organic greens- they are asking for the exact farm that their greens came from. Caterers are working with local farms to create the best menu and experience for the new-age bride.
Reflective Surfaces. Think: lucite engraved place cards, a mirrored table runner and either mirrored or mercury vases. Reflective surfaces add a big dose of style and glamour to any table. For a luxe for less version, remove the frame from a simple back of door mirror and viola- you have your mirrored runner.
Music Mash-Up. Forget the classic band vs. DJ debate… why not have both? Go for a band in the beginning of the night, for first dances and while dinner is being served, then turn it over to a DJ to keep the party going late into the night. If you have a talented group get your band to do live mash-up’s with the DJ. It’s the perfect mix of something for everyone!
- 11 Chic Ways To Bring The Marble Trend To Your Wedding
- 6 Romantic Wedding Hairstyles That Will Make Him Fall In Love All Over Again
- Your Guests Will Go Crazy For These Mini Wedding Favors
- 10 Fresh Themes For The Best Bridal Shower Ever
- 15 First Look Photos That Are Better Than Him Seeing You Walk Down The Aisle
- Here’s How To Totally Rock The Geode Trend At Your Wedding