The Hottest Wedding Trends Of The Year
A new year is almost here, and it’s sure to be filled with tons of swoon-worthy, pin-worthy wedding wows. However, before the ball drops we’re taking a look back at the best of the best that 2014 had to offer. These are the biggest trends of the year, and they show no sign of slowing down anytime soon.
1. The Hottest Color: Blush
This year brides were definitely blushing! Think soft shades of nude, peach, and blush taking center stage. We especially love this romantic hue when paired with a shiny metallic accent color.
2. The Hottest Wedding Dress Trend: Illusion Lace
Stunning lace wedding dresses are a forever favorite among brides, but this year things have gotten a bit more daring. Illusion lace dresses are soft, romantic and sexy all rolled into one. From illusion lace giving the appearance of an open back to an intricately detailed sleeve, these dresses are bringing new definition to the word sexy.
3. The Hottest Wedding Cake Trend: Sparkle
If you’re anything like us, you love all things shiny and covered in glitter. This year the sparkle obsession has trickled over to the most delicious part of your wedding, the cake! This might just be the sweetest trend yet.
4. The Hottest Wedding Flower: Peony
Peonies will always hold a special place in our hearts. Arguably the world’s most romantic flower, the true beauty of the peony is in its size. Brides can gather these blooms together to make one grand arrangement or place single blooms in small vases for an equally huge dose of glamour!
5. The Hottest Wedding Food Trend: Curated Food Stations
Forget about long buffet lines. The most creative way to host your wedding reception is to have a series of curated food stations. This revolutionary idea pairs expertly crafted plates with the appropriate libations or wines. The idea behind this is to offer your guests a variety of delicious food experiences.
6. The Hottest Invitation Trend: Hand Drawn Illustrations
If there’s one thing a bride loves it’s adding personalized details to her special day and what better way to do it then with hand drawn wedding invitations? Add pops of florals, your monogram, or any design that just screams the two of you.
7. The Hottest Bridal Accessory: Floral Crown
We love the soft, sweet and natural look of a floral crown. These pretty headpieces are sure to make you feel like a princess! Simply stunning for a walk down the aisle, brides can go simple with a crown of greenery or extravagant with brightly colored blooms.
8. The Hottest Trend In Centerpieces: Floral Runner
This year brides kissed traditional floral vessels goodbye and made a huge statement by draping reception tables with floral runners. Think lush greens, bright blooms and a whole lot of pretty. This is one trend we are expecting to see a lot of through 2015!
- 11 Chic Ways To Bring The Marble Trend To Your Wedding
- 6 Romantic Wedding Hairstyles That Will Make Him Fall In Love All Over Again
- Your Guests Will Go Crazy For These Mini Wedding Favors
- 10 Fresh Themes For The Best Bridal Shower Ever
- 15 First Look Photos That Are Better Than Him Seeing You Walk Down The Aisle
- Here’s How To Totally Rock The Geode Trend At Your Wedding