Creating Romance With Red
A splash of red is all you need to set the scene. Whether it’s a red goblet and red flowers in small vases set on an all-white table, or you want to go completely over the top with red chargers, red goblets, red flowers surrounding the plates and a red napkin, your effort will certainly be appreciated. Mix the red with gold, pinks, or even browns. For a really over the top, sexy look, go for red and black.
On Valentine’s Day, the price of red roses goes through the roof. Instead, use red carnations. I love taking a floral oasis and studding it completely with flowers for a rich look. Soak it well to make sure there’s enough moisture to keep your flowers alive. And don’t forget candles. Red votives can be purchased at your local shop, or take your clear votives and wrap them with red cellophane for just the right shade.
For menu ideas, check out these recipes including an over the top smashed potatoes with caviar and chocolate dipped strawberries. These are so simple to make and even easier to find at the grocer!
- The 7 Most Romantic (And Dramatic) Bachelor Nation Weddings
- The Don’t Miss Pre-Wedding Photos You Need On Your Shot List
- These Impossibly Adorable Wedding Videos Prove Dogs Really ARE Man's BFF
- These Are The Best-Dressed Celeb Couples at the 2017 Grammys
- Host Your Very Own Galentines Day Party With These Fun Girl-Approved Ideas
- 10 Best Celebrity Wedding Photos Of 2016