How do you get great Isle-Style? The experts from Glamourpuss weigh in with some words of wisdom and their eight great must-haves that will take you effortlessly from cabana to cocktails.
Glamourpuss girls Gigi Mortimer and Courtney Moss are seasoned world travelers. These two ladies can be found basking in St. Barts, marketing in Marrakech or prancing around Paris on any given day; so when they offered us advice on how to curate the ideal honeymoon wardrobe for those hot, tropical, beachy locales, we couldn’t resist.
We all make the mistake of dragging around too many things when we travel, and, let’s face it, most of those things never even make it out of the suitcase. Since you’ll be spending most of your time soaking up the sun, you really only need the minimum. Don’t be afraid to leave that sequin jumpsuit in the closet. It’ll still be there when you get back.
THE POWER OF COLOR
If you live the urban life, you probably spend a good deal of your time wearing basic black and neutrals. Ban the boring and break out the color. Wearing bold colors is energizing and will make you instantly happy.
ACCESSORIZE, ACCESSORIZE, ACCESSORIZE
Don’t load up on lots of looks. Bring bracelets, bangles and baubles. Accessories can do more to transform your outfits than changing five times a day. Go for the jet-set haute hippie look (courtesy of Gigi & Courtney, of course) with salty beach-wave hair, a tie-dye caftan and layers of jingly-jangles.
THE GLAMOURPUSS MUST-HAVES:
- The Tie Die Hobo “Lightweight and easy to pack, you can really stuff it with everything you need from towels to hats to a change of clothes,” says Gigi. “It looks great on your shoulder or slung across your chest. I carried it everywhere on a recent trip to Costa Rica. On the way home I filled it with the hand carved wooden salad bowls I bought as a memory of our adventurous get-away.”
- The White Lace Beach Skirt
“Nothing says honeymoon like the white lace beach skirt,” acknowledges Courtney. “It’s flirty, flattering and fun, just how you want to look on the beach. When worn over your bikini or paired with a white tank and our hammered cuff in turquoise, it’s the perfect look for a poolside lunch. I loved wearing it in St. Bart’s, it’s just so easy!”
- The Hammered Cuff Their versatile chunky gold cuff is chock-a-block with turquoise quartz stones and will glam up any look, day or night. It’ll become your go-to piece.
- The Beach Poncho
“This colorful poncho is hand-batiked in Bali. Its flattering colors and easy shape make everyone look great. I love wearing it on a warm night over white jeans when I want to look chic and feel comfortable,” Gigi explained. We love that you can toss this on over your swimsuit, wear it as a sexy dress with jeweled sandals or wear it with jeans. It makes the perfect vacation multi-tasker.
- The Bling Scarf
Courtney offers her easy styling tips for this fun, boho accessory, “I wear our bling scarf as a very sexy cover-up tied around my hips over my bikini, but it takes on a whole new look as a necklace at night when draped around my neck and worn with a simple white tank and jeans.”
- The Petal Power Bag
This piece is Courtney’s fave. “This swim cap bag is so versatile, colorful and whimsical, it makes any outfit pop and everyone smile when they see it. By day, it’s perfect for the beach, keeping your phone, sun block and wallet safe from the sand and sea. By night it’s the ultimate clutch that will catch everyone’s eye. It is really one of my all time favorite accessories ever. A new classic.”
- The Pink Pearl Tassel Necklace
Don’t underestimate the power of a great necklace. The bright white pearls look great on glowing bronzed skin, the pop of pink adds a hit of color and the simple, long length makes it great for layering or wearing alone.
- The Belt Necklace
We love accessories that do double-duty. In braided silk and cultured pearls, this piece functions as the coolest tasseled belt (add your own denim cut-offs) or as a fun, colorful layered necklace that works over everything.
- 4 South African Experiences To Check Off Your Bucket List
- 5 Biggest Travel Mistakes And How To Avoid Them
- 10 Minutes with: Marlon du Toit
- Destination Wedding Etiquette Questions Answered
- 5 Tips To Look And Feel Your Best After Travel
- Colorful Jamaican Destination Wedding