10 Ideas For Beach Weddings
With white-sand beaches, breathtaking views, and majestic sunsets it’s no wonder that more brides than ever are opting for a destination wedding. Think about it, instead of limiting yourself to one night of celebrating, you can revel in the excitement with your nearest and dearest for an entire weekend! Ready to pack your bags? We’re sharing 10 new ideas for your beach wedding. Here’s how to think outside of the seashell.
1. Keep it simple. You really can’t beat a backdrop of sparkling turquoise water, so for your wedding ceremony let the ocean do the talking. For your wedding arbor we love a wooden frame draped in soft gauzy fabric that billows in the wind.
2. Oceanic accents. Give a nod to your seaside destination with a few coastal touches. Starfish, seashells and driftwood tie the theme together swimmingly.
3. Barefoot sandals. While sandy beaches are beautiful to look at, they aren’t exactly high heel friendly. Instead, add a touch of sparkle (and a lot of comfort) with crystal barefoot sandals.
4. Light it up. Everything looks better in candlelight and a beach wedding is no exception. Hurricane lanterns and pillar candles will cast your décor in a mesmerizing glow.
5. Let them lounge. Modern wedding lounges can completely transform a reception from ordinary to fabulous. A lounge creates an intimate space where guests can relax, drink delicious cocktails and mingle into the early morning hours.
6. Coral centerpieces. Real or faux coral, with its striking silhouette, is a stunning conversation starter for your reception tables.
7. Shoe station. Excuse us for repeating ourselves, but sand and high heels just don’t mix. Set up a shoe station where guests can kick off their shoes and feel the sand between their toes.
8. Seaside send-off. Thank your guests in style with beach themed wedding favors. Sunglasses can be used to shield guest’s eyes at the ceremony and on future vacations to come!
9. Stay natural. For a sweet finale, highlight the beauty of the setting. For your wedding dessert think of the calming colors of the sand, stones, grass and water.
10. Give good gift. Give your bridesmaids something to remember the weekend by even after the sun has set on your celebration. Gold and turquoise trinkets are sure to charm your leading ladies for years to come.
- The Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations For The Love Of Après-Ski
- 4 South African Experiences To Check Off Your Bucket List
- 5 Biggest Travel Mistakes And How To Avoid Them
- 10 Minutes with: Marlon du Toit
- Destination Wedding Etiquette Questions Answered
- 5 Tips To Look And Feel Your Best After Travel